ActiveWrap Hip Ice and Heat Wrap – One Size Fits All
For Cold Therapy Use. Place ActiveWrap thermal packs flat in freezer with nylon pouch for minimum 2 hrs before using (small packs) or 4 hours for large size packs. When ready to use remove from freezer and let stand for several minutes prior to use. Ice down for max of 15 minutes per treatment. Extended time does not equal better results. You only have to remove the pack from the nylon sleeve for heating otherwise simply toss in the freezer pouch and all for total convenience. If you are using our ActiveWrap Knee,Shoulder, Hip, or Back Wraps these models are equipped with our new D.L.P. design. You can increase or decrease the heat/cold intensity by simply slipping your pack behind the D.L.P. divider located inside every pouch (See image below for detail). Sensitive skin individuals and/or elderly patients should opt to ice with a thin paper towel or fabric between skin and the pouch. Also if you are icing an area that is typically leaner on skin, muscle, or fat tissue, use additional caution and take care not to lean your body weight against the pack during use for prolonged periods of time.
For Heat Therapy Use Remove pack from nylon sleeve and immerse in a shallow microwave safe container filled with warm/hot water (enough to cover the pack). Small Packs- Heat for 30 seconds (1200watt microwave) until pack achieves warm temperature. Reheat in 10 sec intervals and repeat up to 1.5 min max. Large packs heat 45 seconds in microwaves of 1200w or higher. Reheat in 10 sec intervals to achieve desired temp up to a max of 1.5 minutes. Pack DOES NOT need to be extremely hot in order to be effective as it works in conjunction with wrap and body heat. Upon removing from microwave, empty hot water out and test pack for heat following all precautions as per each pack. Since microwaves vary, more or less time may be required to heat to desired temperature. Increase or decrease in intervals of 10 seconds.
ActiveWrap Hip Ice and Heat Wrap – Additional Benefits/Features
- THE ACTIVEWRAP HIP HEAT AND ICE WRAP is a superior Active Medical Plush compress wrap
- SLIDE PACK behind divider for less cold or place in front for more cold.
- UNIVERSAL ONE SIZE fits many design for use on both left or right hip.
- COMPLETELY DETACHABLE leg strap secures wrap and provides compression where it is needed. Strap can be removed for acute patients in need of -maximum comfort and minimal movement.
- DIMENSIONS Wrap 21 inch x 16.5 inch Strap (each side) 15 inch x 6 inches wide Heat and Ice Pack 13.5 inch x 9 inch