Massage cushions are an effective way of relieving these symptoms and many other diseases and conditions. So what is a “Massage Cushion” exactly? A massage cushion is a robotic massaging device that delivers a circular kneading massage and vibration to loosen up tight muscles. The massage cushion can be used on the back, shoulder, neck, feet, calves, back, waist and other parts of the body. A massage cushion is a cost-effective way of treating muscle aches and body pain. It can be used at home, in the office, and even in the car. Why are they so popular? Because a massage cushion is cheaper than a massage chair or the services of a professional massage parlor. Keep reading to learn more about how they can help with your aches and pains, as well as our review on the Gideon Massage Seat Cushion.
Health Benefits of Massage Cushions
Massage cushions have become popular in the health and wellness market, and different brands offer a diverse range of health benefits which include:
- Treatment of Spondylosis -- Spondylosis refers to the degeneration of the spine caused by inflammation of joints or disc disintegration. The massage cushion can be used to effectively treat spondylosis by employing kneading technology to simulate acupuncture massage, reducing pressure on the spinal cord, ligaments, and disc. Kneading is particularly helpful in preventing calcified spines and naturally decreases spondylosis size.
- Prevention and treatment of chronic back pain in seniors -- The elderly make up one of the largest demographics suffering from chronic back pain. The massage cushion promotes the circulation of blood to the spine, reducing back pain. Research also shows that massage cushions can increase the release of endorphins in the body, which helps people with back pain cope with the condition.
- Relieves stress -- Through infrared massage delivered by rollers and infrared lights, the massage cushion causes small vibrations which reduce stress and fatigue.
- Treatment of vascular diseases -- Massage cushions can deliver massages deep inside the body, and this can help treat abnormalities in the blood vessels.
- Treatment of shoulder and neck pain -- Massage cushions can be used to deliver a powerful and effective massage in the shoulder and neck areas to loosen stiff muscles and relieve pain.
- Relief for lower body pain -- If your job requires sitting for long hours, this can leave your butt stressed and painful. The integrated motor movement of massage cushions can help relax and reduce the pain in your bottom.
Difference Between the Massage Cushion and Massage Chair
While both are robotic massaging devices, the massage cushion and massage chair are quite different. Here are some of the differences between the two products:
- Weight -- A massage cushion is a lightweight object that offers portability. It is mobile ready, which makes it possible to use it in different locations. You can use it in the office, at home, in your car, hotel room, and any other place where power is available to charge it. On the other hand, a massage chair is a big machine that cannot be moved easily. It is static and can only be used indoors. It requires a lot of space and is heavy, making it cumbersome to handle.
- Cost -- A massage cushion is significantly less expensive than a massage chair. You can easily get a massage cushion for $40, but a massage chair will set you back by hundreds of dollars. If money is an issue, a massage cushion provides a cost-effective and readily available means of getting a satisfying massage.
- Versatility -- The massage cushion provides more flexibility than the massage chair. With the cushion, you can massage any part of the body in any position you choose, but you are restricted to the sitting position on a massage chair. However, a massage chair may have more enhanced features than a massage cushion.
Massage cushions are a great alternative to traditional massage parlors and massage chairs. They are affordable, mobile, flexible, and deliver a powerful massage to relieve aches and pains in the body.
The Gideon Company
Gideon is a company that provides as seen on TV products. Among their product lines are other massaging pillows, household items, and cookware. The Gideon Massage Seat Cushion is a vibrating cushion massager for thigh, shoulder and back pain, that comes complete with heat features alongside ten vibrating points. These points are designed to penetrate deeply into the back in order to release aches, tension, knots, and stress. The muscles are loosened with the built-in heat therapy and the ten vibration points target the tissues and muscles. This is one of their most popular items, among the more popular massaging cushions on the market as well.
Gideon Massage Seat Cushion Review
When you order the unit, you get the massage seat cushion, an AC power cord, a DC power cord, and the owner’s manual. You also get the ability to customize your massages to your precise needs using the four massaging modes available: pulsation, tapping, rolling, or kneading. For all four massaging modes you also get four levels of intensity. Because it is a cushion, by design you are able to take it with you. There is a built in strap system that allows you to secure the seat in place wherever you are. Now that we’ve covered the features, onto the pros and cons.
- The heated feature offers a heat therapy that radiates a gentle warmth throughout the seat, designed to sooth and loosen any tight muscles. For those who want a nice warm up, both literally and figuratively, this seat gives just that. For consumers who are in pain, either short term or chronic, the heating feature converts the cushion into a heating pad for the entire back.
- The corded hand control is a convenient and easy to use way of controlling all of the functions. What’s more, the strapping system lets you connect the cushion to any seat and keep it in place. This is ideal for users who might need to bring the cushion with them on the road. The sleeve allows you to keep the corded hand control remote and the different power cords in one place. With the car adapter, you can secure this cushion to a chair at home or in the car.
- The vibrating massage is a wonderful addition to your home if you suffer from chronic pain. People who have back pain or leg pain benefit primarily from the precise spot massage function where they can target the areas which are causing the most pain that day. What’s more, the multiple settings allow users to create personal preference based control settings.
- When it’s powered on, the massager is a little bit noisy. If you are using it in the car while listening to the radio or at home while watching TV, then expect to turn the volume up a bit.
- For those who are searching for a deep tissue massage, the power generated by this chair will be insufficient. Don’t get us wrong, it offers a decent massage but it’s not designed to go deep into your muscles for serious pain. If, for example, you have a big knot in one part of your back, these cushions will not be able to work it out entirely.
Gideon Massage Seat Cushion -- Product Demonstration
Have you tried the Gideon Massage Seat Cushion before? Were you successfully in treating your back pain or were you disappointed? Whatever the case, we’d love to get your feedback by using the comment box below. Until next time!
Updated on 2019-12-16 -- Added a video to a review on YouTube which shows you exactly what you are getting if you purchase this product.